access-activists

[Access-activists] Thanks for single HTML format

From: Jamal Mazrui
Subject: [Access-activists] Thanks for single HTML format
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:20:46 -0400

This is just a note to express my appreciation for a documentation file
format that I find to be commonly available on gnu.org and gnome.org:  a
complete version of a document as a single HTML page.  I think that such
a format (well-structured and compliant with W3C accessibility
standards) is the most accessible one for users with disabilities.  Web
Browsers and assistive technologies now work well together in rendering
and navigating such content effectively on almost any platform.

I think such benefits are lost to one extent or another with competing
formats such as PDF, plain text, or HTML broken into numerous, linked
pages.  Of course, other formats can offer distinct benefits for
particular purposes, but I commend GNU for this leadership practice on
document accessibility!

Regards,
Jamal