access-activists

[Access-activists] Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Access-activists] Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:57:45 -0400

It would be ethical for us to recommend add-on components that
are useful with some free software speech recognition program,
even if they also can be used with NaturallySpeaking.

However, you say that the free software speech recognition programs
are so far behind that you consider them unusable.  If that is the
case, then we simply cannot recommend ANY program that works with
NaturallySpeaking.

Because our goal is to replace nonfree software, NOT to enhance it.