access-activists

[Access-activists] Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Access-activists] Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:17:31 -0400

    > Because our goal is to replace nonfree software, NOT to enhance it.

    and my goal is to enhance the life of disabled users by increasing
    the amount of free software available and eventually replace all
    nonfree software.

If we find projects that would serve both of these goals,
the GNU Project will be happy to work with you on them.
We don't need to have the same ultimate goals to work together
on technical projects.

But you must not use this list to argue against our goals.
This list is part of a GNU activity, and its purpose is to work
towards the goals of GNU.  Arguing against them is working
against us.

I've already explained why I think your definition of freedom is
mistaken.  I have not convinced you, so I won't repeat those arguments
now.  You have a right to your views, but you're not welcome to argue
here against our goals, because that interferes with the work.  There
are plenty of other places you can publish such arguments if you wish.
But not here.