access-activists

[Access-activists] Possible Funding Source

From: Chris Hofstader
Subject: [Access-activists] Possible Funding Source
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:12:27 -0400

Hi,

In an email yesterday, our friend Janina  Sajka mentioned that, at the 20th
anniversary of the ADA event in Washington, President Obama announced an
initiative to fund access technology projects that could be completed in three
months. They seem to be looking for innovative sorts of things so an
incremental on Speedy OCR would not likely fit the bill.

I have not looked into the details beyond the mention in Janina's email but we
have some creative buggers around here and we might be able to whip out a
competitive proposal pretty quickly and could maybe get a hacker or two funded
to do something cool.

Thoughts?

cdh