Re: [Accessibility] Plan for making QT applications accessible to Orca?

From: Jeremy Whiting
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Plan for making QT applications accessible to Orca?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:53:04 -0600

One thing has changed.  Mark moved the git repo to gitorious.  qt-atspi2-bridge is now at git://
Otherwise, you are correct.

From: Bill Cox <address@hidden>

> Hi.  I've pinged Nokia/Trolltech, but got no response.  Basically, is
> time to move forward with making QT applications accessible through
> at-spi2.  I don't know of any current effort in this area.  It also is
> not clear whether the correct approach is to make a plugin for at-spi2
> so that it can understand QT's unfinished IA2 interface that is only
> available on Linux, or if it makes more sense to convert that
> interface into a standard d-bus based ATK interface.

There are already work in progress about it. Mark Doffman is working
in a qt-atspi2-bridge, a equivalent to gnome atk-atkspi2-bridge, but
using (AFAIK) those IA2 interfaces.

Jeremy Whiting (jpwhiting) talked about it in a blog post [1], and
pointed to the current qt-atspi2-bridge repository [2], right now
hosted by codethink.

> If anyone knows how to contact the guys at Nokia/Trolltech let me
> know.  If you have thoughts on how to get this project started, or how
> it should be done from a technical point of view, let me know.  I'm
> personally hoping we can find volunteers to do this work.

As I said, right now the "man" to get in contact about this issue is Mark Doffman.

API (address@hidden)

Accessibility mailing list