accessibility

RE: [Accessibility] Re: Can you help write a free version of HTK?

From: Sina Bahram
Subject: RE: [Accessibility] Re: Can you help write a free version of HTK?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 11:11:46 -0400

Peter,

Thanks for your email on this subject.

I think it would be a wonderful idea if both sides could just take a breath and
figure out a way to work together on this.

As you undoubtedly know, prospective developers who are users can be the most
passionate about the littlest of issues. I've most
certainly been guilty of this in screen reader discussions on other mailing
lists.

I do; however, think that there's a lot of good work here, and we need to
figure out a way to proceed towards a productive and
collaborative future, if this stuff is going to work, what-so-ever.

I do applaud your generalizeable approach, and the instantiation of that
approach from 0.1 to 0.2 into 0.3.

>From software engineering, we all know that functional requirements are a good
>place to start.

Shall we try to form some, and see how many of them we agree on, as opposed to
disagree on?

>From there, I propose we move on to discuss further issues.

Take care,
Sina