accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] Priorities, Ideas?

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Priorities, Ideas?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:18:35 -0700

Since you are asking for bugs or issues,

I can think of two items that might seem rather specific but worth
mentioning just the same.

First, Emacs; it works great in the text console but it does not work
in an X environment.  If that situation has changed since my last
encounter, then sorry for any fause info.

Second, GNU Cash; that one does not work well with Orca because the
wxwidgets library is not compatible with at-spi from what I
understand.  Is wxwidgets under GNU control? if so, it needs to be
fixed to expose information to AT-SPI.  If it is not under GNU control
and wxwidgets cannot be changed, then Cash should be changed to use a
more accessible tool kit.