accessibility

[Accessibility] evil thoughts

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [Accessibility] evil thoughts
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 00:57:53 -0400

 just a few ideas I want feedback on when I wake up in the morning.

How do we specify a speech driven interface for editing text. NaturallySpeaking uses "Select-and-Say". I think we can do something based on Mark and point generalized to any textbased window.

"Mark after speech driven interface
point after to any
region bold
region cut
region copy
point before textbased window
paste it
drop it
yank it back

Now, for extra points make it work across the network. Text window on one side, recognizer on the other

For extra extra points, embed the client-side into Emacs. Create a recognizer side for natXXXXXXXXXXXXXX so that people can do real work with it we can learn about how well it suits their needs

-- -- --
I'm assuming that NaturallySpeaking in Windows in a virtual machine will never be politically correct even though it's extremely practical. I know the audio channel is a stinking pile of crap virtual box. Is there any other free virtual machine that can run XP and NaturallySpeaking with a decent audio channel or decent USB traversal? If not, do we have the expertise to rework USB handling in a virtual machine or do a host to guest transfer of audio without any skips, gaps, pops, static, resends etc.

More later, I'm an hour late getting to bed because you guys are just so much
fun