[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Accessibility] Release of new version of Anumaan - open source predicti
[Accessibility] Release of new version of Anumaan - open source predictive text entry system from CDAC, Mumbai
Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:42:10 +0530
We are very happy to announce the
new release of our open source predictive text entry system - Anumaan.
This release includes new version of standalone flavour of Anumaan i.e.
Anumaan-standalone-0.2. This version has been released as part of the
activities of project "Enhancing Accessibility for FOSS Desktops" under
NRCFOSS-Phase II being carried out at CDAC, Mumbai.
Anumaan gives predictions based on preceding text/words used by the
user in his/her text and user can use these predictions, while composing
text. By incorporating predictions, user can improve his/her rate of
text entry to a great extent.
Anumaan is mainly intended to help persons with motor disabilities,
specially ones facing problems in hand and finger movement. Such persons
face difficulty in using regular input devices like keyboard for text
entry related tasks. Anumaan can help such persons immensely in their
text entry related tasks by way of predictions. However, It is equally
useful for common users also and can support them in creating mails,
letters, documents etc. in less time.
Salient features of current version include:
- More user-friendly and simplified interface for easy interaction and navigation.
- Re-oriented layout of text entry area and prediction display in order to reduce visual and cognitive overhead.
- A single comprehensive prediction list combining predictions from all relevant grams for easy selection.
support for selecting predictions from prediction list. It reduces time
taken in selecting and committing predictions to text.
- Larger text entry area compared to previous version for easy text entry.
- Integrated context-sensitive help.
- Re-oriented menu bar for easy access and navigation.
All these features are intended to improve user interaction and experience for motor disabled people.
Anumaan is developed on java platform and supports UTF-8, so it
can effectively be run on any platform. Newly released version of
Anumaan can be downloaded from http://www.cdacmumbai.in/anumaan.Details about project "Enhancing Accessibility for FOSS Desktops" can be accessed at http://www.cdacmumbai.in/accessibility.
We will appreciate if you can use the application and send us your
valuable feedback. Feedback, bug reports or feature enhancement requests
about the application can be sent to address@hidden or address@hidden
Thanks & Regards
Open Source Software Division,
Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Accessibility] Release of new version of Anumaan - open source predictive text entry system from CDAC, Mumbai,
sagun baijal <=