accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] "voice-by-computer" 0th draft...

From: DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] "voice-by-computer" 0th draft...
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:07:01 -0500

GTK also runs on Windows.  I have it running because mono has gtk as a
dependency and won't run without it.  The mono environment runs on windows
linux and the mac.  I use it to compile visualbasic type programs but the mono
package also compiles c and I think C++ and C# as well.  It just has to be told
which of its compilers to use and then builds executables for you.  The nice
thing about mono is its price tag, $0.00 and Microsoft can't even beat that.
If at all possible why not try installing mono on as many different platforms
that you can get your hands on and see if the vbc code will build and run on
those platforms?  If so, your project will suddenly become far more marketable.
 The mono packages also have active support lists so if you run into bugs you
can and will get support.