ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] release candidate

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] release candidate
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:22:07 +0000

On 14 Feb 2017, at 22:58, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:

> Simon Wright <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 13 Feb 2017, at 17:37, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> In particular, I'd like people to test the GPS indentation engine, since
>>> it requires compiling Ada code.
>>
>> I needed to do this, because my 90kb .adb (over 200 subprograms) was
>> taking forever to return from almost any edit.
>
> Ok.
>
> did you also try:
>
> --  Local Variables:
> --  jit-lock-defer-time: 0.5
> --  End:

I somehow thought that turning font lock mode off would do the same; it
doesn't. But this fix would have worked. I could probably live with setting it
to 0.25 globally.

> Ah. I edited GPS configure to eliminate libclang; I should also have
> eliminated GTK. I'll try that.

The benefit of altering configure.in & autoconf is that it's much less work!

>> I don't like to configure and build in-place, so configured in a
>> subdirectory build/ (actually, perhaps it should be a parallel
>> directory?)
>
> When I do that, I use a parallel directory. That simplifies diffs and
> updates later.

The diffs (especially with git) are OK. And I certainly use a parallel
directory for GCC (it's very strongly recommended).

> I'm working on a setting that uses the wisi parser for fontification and
> navigation, on files < ada-gps-size-threshold, and ada-gps indentation
> for all files.

OK!

--S