adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] height levels

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] height levels
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:22:35 +0200

On Fri, 03 May 2002 22:28:22 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> Btw, today I've been working on some rock gfx for the mountains - they
> still need some work. I don't think they fit in with the other gfx
> well enough. Also I want to make a better rocky floor texture because
> my first attempt is rubbish. Here's a fakeshot of what I've got so far
> so you can see for yourselves....

Actually, the rock face is not bad as such. It would just need some
smoother transition to the grass, I think. Then it would fit better
automatically. Possibly some flat, rocky surface with a bit of moss on
it or something.

However, there could be more variation in the gfx. Perhaps another tile
that hasn't all those fancy bits on it, just a (mainly) straight piece
of wall with some cracks or something.

Then of course you could make some crippled trees or bushes that fit to
certain parts of the wall. That'll also bring some variation.

As for the stone floor I would imagine something more bumpy, with loose
rocks lying around (probably as an extra layer) and the occasional crack
or something. Much like that bit of the image I attached, only flat.

But all in all, that's an impressive work again :).

Kai