Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adjustments to items.h ?

From: Mike Avery
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Adjustments to items.h ?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:04:38 -0500

> > With an item's possible actions delegated to python, we'll get an item
> > system that can easily be tailored to individual needs by providing the
> > according scripts and feeding items with the required attributes,
> > whatever those might be.
>
> That's it. Perfect. Now tell me what would be the problem of having
> items defined as a Python class :p

Well, you guys are the bosses, so I'll go with whatever approach you want to
take, but I personally think that decentralizing game mechanics is a mistake.
Unless I've missed something, it looks like you want to have a series of
python scripts handle game mechanics functions that will be required both in
and out of combat.

Am I wrong?

Mike