Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug?

From: Nezumi
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Bug?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:45:38 -0500 (EST)

On 25 Feb 2002, Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> More generally, should we include "monsters"? Most fantasy games do this
> (mainly because of a lack of imagination I'd say). Apart from classic
> "bad" creatures (trolls, and so on) I'd say the threats for the players
> should rather be groups of bandits, or tribes of orcs, and so on. These
> ones would be identifiables - so you know who you deal with when you
> fight - and the player could even have a reputation within them, which
> would influence whether they will attack him or not. These groups would
> have a living place, that the player could also visit (if allowed too)
> to, say, recruit mercenaries. That way "monsters" are a widest part of
> the world, and not only random-boring attackers.

Hmm.  Well, we could have a combination of sorts.  Mostly what you'd deal
with would be either wild animals (that actually look like wild animals)
and more intelligent things like bandits, orcs and other similar critters.
The actual "monsters", which is to say really unusual beasts, would
probably only show up in unusual places.  Like Adonthell itself.

> Just a thought - but wouldn't be hard to implement, considering our
> recent orientation.

No more difficult to implement than any other subquest, when you think
about it.  Possibly less.

--
                      Nezumi * address@hidden
 "God is real unless declared integer." -- anonymous