Re: [Adonthell-devel] Questions about graphics

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Questions about graphics
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:55:13 +0100

> Wouldn't the gfx somehow involve the 3D internals of the map? I.e.
> you'd first make the wireframe model of the object, then glue the gfx
> upon it. So an object would contain both the wireframe for collision
> detection and the image for drawing. Which means the object file
> format depends on map stuff. In that case, it might be better to get
> the map working first.

The objects wire and totally independant of the graphical
representation. I.e, you can see the object design and their gfx as two
different things. Of course, both will be needed when you'll want to
glue the gfx on the wire representation. But I can still get some job
done (animation editing, and even character editing, without any wire
placement however) to amuse our gfx guys that are waiting some tools
since a loooong time! :)

> Of course, as it seems I am not quite aware of how you plan to do
> stuff, so the above might be totally wrong :). In that case, you could
> as well start with some gfx tools to see how gfx are best handled in a
> GTK app.

Awright! I'll concentrate on that then.

Alex.
--