Re: [Adonthell-devel] SWIG Advanced topics

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] SWIG Advanced topics
Date: 23 Feb 2003 18:09:06 +0100

Sorry for being so long to reply! I'm really exhausted these days
without any particular reason, still I'm trying hard to dedicate at
least a minimal amount of time to Adonthell.

> Obviously we'll have multiple modules, but we would want them to
> interoperate. So I imagine that we can't get around linking against the
> SWIG runtime library.

Mmm. I did some tests about multiple modules with swig recently, and I
had no problem. Of course I haven't done all the crazy things they
suggest. But would we ever need in a module to inheritate from a class
in another module? I don't think so.

What's sure is that this doc is "a bit" out of date (look at the date!
;p). I've done some really small tests, but they went perfectly. So
maybe we could do without it.

> The downside of this is yet another dependence. But on the other hand,
> we could easily replace our custome pass_instance code with a call to
> the appropriate SWIG function (SWIG_ConvertPtr).

As long as the dependancy is on the developer side, and not the player
side, that's ok I think.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org