Re: [Adonthell-devel] New world test app

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] New world test app
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:40:52 -0600

I've been trying to get some small tasks done.  When I updated I started to get these errors when building worldtest:

/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/main/.libs/libadonthell_main.so: undefined reference to `audio::setup(base::configuration&)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::put_tuple(_object*, base::flat&, unsigned short)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::method::put_state(base::flat&) const'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `cxx_to_py'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::pool::connect(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::get_tuple(base::flat&, unsigned short)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::method::execute(_object*)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/main/.libs/libadonthell_main.so: undefined reference to `audio::cleanup()'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::method::~method()'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/main/.libs/libadonthell_main.so: undefined reference to `python::init()'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/main/.libs/libadonthell_main.so: undefined reference to `audio::init(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/event/.libs/libadonthell_event.so: undefined reference to `python::method::get_state(base::flat&)'
/home/tcnielsen/Programming/adonthell/src/main/.libs/libadonthell_main.so: undefined reference to `python::cleanup()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I can get it to compile by adding:
-L$(top_builddir)/src/python/ -ladonthell_python $(PY_LIBS) \
-L$(top_builddir)/src/audio/ -ladonthell_audio              \
-L$(top_builddir)/src/py-wrappers/runtime -ladonthell_py_runtime \
to worldtest_LDADD in test/Makefile.am

But I wonder if I'm doing something else wrong, as I'm sure it compiles fine for you.

Any ideas?
Tyler

On 6/10/07, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/10/07, Alexandre Courbot <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now this makes me feel guilty... :) I'm so sorry to stay out of
> development for now, but I'm just too busy (moved to Japan, need to
> learn the language and everything, plus a post-doc in progress) to get
> involved now. Which really bothers me.

Don't feel bad ... real life is really what should come first :-).
Besides, there'll always be more work waiting for you if you have time
at your disposal.

> I really admire your dedication and wonder if you could give me your
> trick to still have time to work on personal projects even when you
> enter active life! ;)

Maybe my life just isn't as active as yours ;-). Nevertheless, working
on Adonthell means missing out on other fun stuff I'd like to do:
spending time with my family, reading (still two books to finish, one
to start), watching movies or DVDs (still unsuccessful at grabbing a
copy of Painted Veil at Blockbusters), playing Oblivion (or
Civilization IV; bought that a year ago and haven't even installed it
yet), etc.

To tell the truth, I'd rather take a less active role in Adonthell
development. Less programming, more design and coordination ... But
right now it seems that I have to do something that makes the project
more visible and tangible to those developers that might one day take
over more of the actual work. It's still my dream to create a RPG that
might be attractive to those who find Nethack too involved and
difficult and modern RPGs lacking in quality gameplay.

So I'll continue to contribute, as time and motivation allows ...
knowing that you (and others) are still around and interested, even if
unable to help right now, definitely helps staying motivated :-).

> I just need to force me not to checkout the latest source to look at
> it. Must... not...

No need to ... I am about to figure out what the problem is. For some
reason, the character keeps falling through the ground. I might just
have initialized the models incorrectly ...

Kai