[Adonthell-devel] Re: Updates to build system

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Updates to build system
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 10:45:36 +0200

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Guess I might have to disable optimization and enable debugging for
> libltdl to dig deeper into the issue.
> I'll keep you updated. What's weird is that all C++ test programs run
> fine, but all Python scripts trigger the SEGFAULT.

Fixes are in CVS. I'd recommend to clean up the old build and make a
completely fresh start. At least you should run ./autogen.sh.

While the segfault was in libltdl, the issue itself was the way the
library was used. We really need to link to an installed libltdl, not
with the convenience library provided by libtool. So I've updated our
build to always use a system libltdl (which even speeds up the initial
configure) and had no problems with that since.

Should work both with libtool 1.5.x and 2.x (only tested with 2.2.6 on
Ubuntu and OSX) now.

If there are further problems with the build, please let me know!

Kai