Re: [Adonthell-devel] User interface open items

From: StyxD
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] User interface open items
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 01:16:36 +0100

Hey guys. I'm still alive. Somehow.

I didn't have time to work on adonthell from October through now
because of a combination of university and an unexpectedly acquired
half-time job, but I'm back at it.

But I'm hitting a bit of a brick wall now. I managed to make the
speech balloon appear in a little test application, but when I tried
to run it under worldtest to test positioning, I've come to a point
where adonthell crashes with no helpful stack trace ("PC: @0x10
(Unknown)" - that's all). I can't debug it either, because the
debugger causes it to crash in a different place, although it seems
that it passes the point of adding the layout to window_manager.

It seems that whatever it is, it's somehow related to adding something
to window_manager.

To replicate, run this python script in-game (I've appended it to the
"I wonder what's in this barrel" script):

l = gui.layout(400, 400)
la = gui.label(300, 300)
la.set_string ('foo')
l.add_child(la, 0, 0)
gui.window_manager.add(0,0,l)

I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to debugging C++ applications,
so any help is appreciated.

PS I just now accidentally discovered that pressing ctrl-d in
adonthell completely wrecks the program for some reason.