Re: [Adonthell-devel] Roadmap and Tasks (was Happy New Year!)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Roadmap and Tasks (was Happy New Year!)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 22:47:13 +0100

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Marc SJ <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for that. :D

Added two more items with plenty of sub-tasks just now:

  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Wastesedge:Engine
  http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Tasks:Wastesedge:GUI

> I am trying to work my way around the road map. ;)

Great. You will probably find the individual task descriptions very
brief. I tried to link to mailing list discussions (or more often
monologues ;-)) and resources on the Wiki and in Git where I could
easily find them. Hopefully enough to give anyone a basic idea what
might be required. When deciding to implement something, I can provide
more details, point to code that's already in place. And of course,
there's still room for more discussion.

As for the engine/programming tasks: a few are already hidden in the
remaining Waste's Edge tasks. I didn't want to duplicate those. I also
found a few more things while digging through the mailing list, but
they don't seem essential to recreating Waste's Edge. Refrained from
adding them to the list, before we fall even deeper into the feature
creep trap ;-). For the same reason, a number of items are also
labelled optional. OTOH, maybe it makes sense to implement some small
optional bit to get accustomed to the code.

Kai