Re: [Adonthell-general] Ben rises again

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Ben rises again
Date: 27 Nov 2001 19:57:10 +0100

Horay! Ben is back! :)

Glad to hear everything is fine for you. Actually, you are more lucky
than us guys who study at Lille, as 120 of our computers(P3 and P4 CPUs)
have been stolen (we have been burglarized THREE TIMES since the 2
weeks, the latest being... yesterday). Finally, the admins wisely
decided to save our 40 remaining computers by putting them in a "secure"
place. Problem is, we don't have ANY computer available anymore, which
is quite ennoying when you study computer science hehe :)

But, back to the topic.

> Which makes me think: can we store our images in a pnm compliant form?
> It's okay if they are additionally gzipped, but one should be able to
> modify them directly without having to fiddle with a hex editor before.
> Or perhaps somebody could write a gimp plugin for our format.

Would (I know I always speak in conditionnal) a feature in the
object/animation editor that allows exporting to PNM be fine? I'm rather
for our images being stored in our own format, to "shadow" the thing a
bit, but of course this doesn't matter much for now.

It would be also nice to hear from the others guys (JT (being busy with
Tuxracer which version 1.0 is nearly out, maybe), Nezu, Josh, etc...)
Please show yourself!

Ah Ben: Could you send me the Inn image that is part of the intro? It's
the last missing piece.

Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org