Re: [Adonthell-general] experience

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] experience
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:42:29 +0200

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:31:38 +0200 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> Concernig experience I came up with the following formula:
> experience needed for level n = old experience + n*100 expierience

How about
    experience (level n) = old experience + n^2 * 100
instead?

Exp[1] = 100
Exp[2] = 500
Exp[3] = 1400
Exp[4] = 3000
Exp[5] = 5500
Exp[10] = 38500
Exp[25] = 552500
Exp[50] = 4292500

That way we could (a) better compensate for stronger opponents that give
more eperience and (b) limit the level a character can reach. There'll
be a point where it will be incredibly hard to gather enough EXP for the
next level.

> I would suggest that each new level gives you 2 skill points, +5 to
> enery, 1 stat point and 1 ability point every 2 levels. Actually these
> are estimates, we'll have to decide on the final level advances later
> on(balncing should be done in the end).

Sounds good.

Kai