Re: [Adonthell-general] Problems starting the game

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Problems starting the game
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:45:20 +0200

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:16:47 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> Absolutely! Maybe some easter-egg dialogues - maybe, if you try to
> talk to, say, a table somewhere it could say something like "Something
> is wrong with this world. I feel so constrained" Ok, maybe that idea's
> kinda stupid but we should have some hints to get a away from winshite
> somewhere. :P

We could possibly let the player character utter some random remarks
here and there without any further interaction. Your example remark is
already very fitting (if somewhat mysterious). In fact, as python is
able to detect the OS at runtime, we wouldn't even have to make a
'special' Windows version. Unter a unixish OS, those 'easter-eggs' would
be suppressed automatically.

If you like the idea, I'll have a deeper look into that :).
More text snippets are appreciated too.

Kai