Re: [Adonthell-general] Non-code writing

From: Josh Glover
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Non-code writing
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:09:47 -0400

Andrew Phillips wrote:
It appears to me that Adonthell takes place in the Tolkienan world. If so,
are we allowed to make reference to fun things like Isildur's Bane or
Durin's Bane, etc?

Tolkien-like, I believe. While we are pretty inspired by Tolkien (and Ultima, and Final Fantasy, as I recall), we are not using his world directly. Of course, I am of the opinion that, if you want to make light-hearted, cryptic reference to Tolkien, our players might get a kick out of it.

There is a definite sense of humour to Adonthell, even though it aspires to be epic in scope.

-Josh

PS: Take what *I* say with a grain of salt. I have been away for quite some time.