Re: [Adonthell-general] Gameworld design

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Gameworld design
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:26:16 +0200

The ideas you described sound really nice. I would agree thet playability and
fun should come before realism. In order to guide the player a little bit (I
started playing Morrowind, which is in my opinion great but way too open; one
does not really see any plot in the beginning and you easily get lost), we
could also have locations the player comes back to time and again. For example
the mine you described might be locked by the dwarves (for example because they
know of a treasure that is burried in there) and the player has to ask the
dwarves to open the mine before he can enter.

By the way, your descriptions were so accurate I can already imagine all the
places you described.

Nils