Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary

From: Doug Laidlaw
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windows binary
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:15:24 +1000

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:17, you wrote:
> At Sunday 01.09.2002 21:14, you wrote:
> >On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:52:21 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:
> > > Okay guys, you can apply this patch to your Windows version in order
> > > to get it to work:
> >
> >Well, it does work, at least in window mode, both 320x240 and 640x480.
> >It's not working in fullscreen/640x480: immediately exits without any
> >message to stdout.txt or stderr.txt. Fullscreen/320x240 does partly
> >work. Screen stays black, but the music plays and I can start a new game
> >and such. Mind you, my monitor doesn't support these low resolutions, so
> >that might have been the reason why I got no picture.
>
> Same here with full-screen mode. I also encountered one minor flaw when
> playing through the game: When confronting Jelom with Erek upstairs I was
> sent down once more to talk to Bjarn. Once I came up again the extro
> sequence was opened (wher everbody ends up downstairs etc.) BUT: I couldn't
> even go back up to talk to Jelom - The dialogue popped when still on ground
> level, I was just heading up the stairs. If it's any help - Here's his
> dialogue at that place:
>
> Jelom: "It's about time you return, Half-Elf! Tell me, what does Master
> Fingoldon say about this gem of yours?"
>

> Also, I encountered some pink noise at parts, that I hadn't noticed when
> playing before: The servants and Tristan had a bit and in the downstairs
> pantry one magenta pixel was marking the floor...
>

> Otherwis it plays very nicely - can't wait for that installer!  :)
>

> BEN

With the patch, it works for me in "window" mode on 800x600 24 bit.  The text
seems more jagged ("daggy"?) but I remember something about smooth fonts in
Windows.  I haven't tried full screen.  My computer is a "boat anchor" - 6x86
at 166 MHz with 64 MB RAM, and there is a corresponding speed penalty, but it
works!

Doug.