Re: [Adonthell-general] 0.3.3 ready?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] 0.3.3 ready?
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:38:57 +0200

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:51:51 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > This is great news! We should just make certain we deliver some
> > bonus material with waste's edge (some of andrews great stories for
> > example, aas well as some more pics ect. so people get temptet into
> > browsing the library section on our website). Actually what about
> > the desktop themes james mentioned? We could include one with the
> > game ond present the other(s) on the website (well, you get the
> > idea, make them come back for more;-).
>
> Uh, that's a good idea! Let's start having real fans and make them
> discover what's around the game! (do you think someone who apt-get
> adonthell will look at the website?) At least some link to the website
> is a must.

Right. But how would you do that?

As for the source code or windows installer, most people would already
visit the website to download those. Still, the installer creates a link
to the website in the startmenu :). And the source code contains plenty
of links to the site in the README.

I think we can attract a few more people if we do the announcement
properly. We shouldn't just say that the new engine has been released
with these changes. The engine shouldn't be the important thing. That
should be the game and the more detailed background we have, thanks to
Andrew.

I read a bit in the game tome forums, and there people complained that a
lot of linux games are actually engines, but no complete games. Waste's
Edge isn't a huge game, but it's complete, so let's tell people!

Kai