RE: [Adonthell-general] Items

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: RE: [Adonthell-general] Items
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:46:02 +0200

Okeydoke - we should then consider incorporating the idea of cross-blending
in the rules, to make some general guidelines about it.

But as you say it should require a certain devotion, and should stay a
rarity: A healing spell probably isn't anything special, but a human
practising magic woul be very special.

> > Also, I think the player will
> > already have quite a lot of choices concerning specabs -
> don't forget
> > mechanics! With the player being able to decide between the good and
> > the evil path (s)he should also be able to decide wether to take the
> > mystical or technical path. Not that you need to add or change
> > anything to your writing on Marcella, Andrew, we should
> just leave it
> > up to the player what to do. By saying that Marcella is eager to
> > learn, this can be anything - alchemy, mechanics or just
> plain combat
> > moves.
>
> Hm. I agree that there are plenty of choices already. But some more
> wouldn't hurt, would they?

Agreed :)  That would certainly add even more possibilites, and cool ones at
that. There'd be spells or the likes that require ranks in elemental magic
AND alchemy, or mechanics AND dwarf runes and so on.

> All in all I think this is more a matter of time. For the beginning we
> should concentrate on the things we really need. But if we have the
> opportunity to include a song or spell, we can do it without causing
> much harm, I think.

Yup!

BEN