Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:59:37 +0100

On Feb 17, 2008 11:56 PM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been trying to build Adonthell SRPM on Fedora 8 and I'm facing
> some issues...

Hm ... what version are you using for your build? It does not look
like it's the one from CVS, which I would recommend using.

Regardless of that:

> First, I tried to build it from SPEC file, and it returned me the
> followig error:

It's been written for rpm 3.x, so there might be some changes required
to get it working. If the License thing is the only one, that's not
too bad, though :-).

[...]

> I then tried to replace this tag by the right one and then:
> $ rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild/SPECS/adonthell.spec
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -DOGG_MUSIC -I/usr/include/SDL
> -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.5
> -DPY_DEBUG  -g -Wall -fno-exceptions -DSWIG_GLOBAL
> -DDATA_DIR="\"/usr/share/adonthell\""  -c -o adonthell.o `test -f
> 'adonthell.cc' || echo './'`adonthell.cc drawing_area.h:159: error:
> extra qualification 'drawing_area::' on member 'operator='
> python_class.h:132: error: extra qualification 'python::' on member
> 'ptr_to_string'
> (the configure passed fine, the error is returned during 'make').
>
> Any idea ?

If you want to proceed with the file set you have, then look at the
files and lines mentioned in the error above:

src/drawing_area.h line 159 and src/python_class.h:132. There you
should find something like "drawing_area::operator=" and
"python::ptr_to_string" which is an error with newer versions of gcc.
Just remove "drawing_area::" and "python::", then it should work.
There might be one or two other files with the same issue.

If you chose to use the source from CVS, these errors will be gone
(and some actual bugs as well).

Hope that helps. If more issues come up, please let me know.

Kai