Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge

From: Mathieu Bridon
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] SRPMS for Adonthell and Waste's Edge
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:49:17 +0100

Hi

Le Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:59:37 +0100,
"Kai Sterker" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> On Feb 17, 2008 11:56 PM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to build Adonthell SRPM on Fedora 8 and I'm facing
> > some issues...
>
> Hm ... what version are you using for your build? It does not look
> like it's the one from CVS, which I would recommend using.
>
> Regardless of that:
>
> > First, I tried to build it from SPEC file, and it returned me the
> > followig error:
>
> It's been written for rpm 3.x, so there might be some changes required
> to get it working. If the License thing is the only one, that's not
> too bad, though :-).
Then that's why it didn't build against RPM 4.4 :)

> > I then tried to replace this tag by the right one and then:
> > $ rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild/SPECS/adonthell.spec
> > g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..    -DOGG_MUSIC -I/usr/include/SDL
> > -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.5
> > -DPY_DEBUG  -g -Wall -fno-exceptions -DSWIG_GLOBAL
> > -DDATA_DIR="\"/usr/share/adonthell\""  -c -o adonthell.o `test -f
> > 'adonthell.cc' || echo './'`adonthell.cc drawing_area.h:159: error:
> > extra qualification 'drawing_area::' on member 'operator='
> > python_class.h:132: error: extra qualification 'python::' on member
> > 'ptr_to_string'
> > (the configure passed fine, the error is returned during 'make').
> >
> > Any idea ?
>
> If you want to proceed with the file set you have, then look at the
> files and lines mentioned in the error above:
>
> src/drawing_area.h line 159 and src/python_class.h:132. There you
> should find something like "drawing_area::operator=" and
> "python::ptr_to_string" which is an error with newer versions of gcc.
> Just remove "drawing_area::" and "python::", then it should work.
> There might be one or two other files with the same issue.
I found that out this night, and replied to the list, but with a wrong
mail account, so my mail was rejected :D

I then ran on an issue about SDL_ttf.c, which I found a solution here:

Finally I have modified the SPEC file and it now builds the RPM :)

> If you chose to use the source from CVS, these errors will be gone
> (and some actual bugs as well).
The problem with CVS versions, is that it changes very often, and is
not always stable...

In fact, I'm willing to make the RPMS for adonthell and wastesedge and
try to make them enter the fedora official repositories. Is that ok ?
Has someone already initiated an inclusion in Fedora 8 repositories ?

I'll try to rebuild it against CVS version.

Mathieu