[Advocate Play Ogg] Streaming Theora (was: Two thoughts: automated conve

From: Andreas K. Foerster
Subject: [Advocate Play Ogg] Streaming Theora (was: Two thoughts: automated conversion, and
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:50:30 +0200

Am Thursday, dem 31. May 2007 schrieb Michael Fötsch:

> Andreas K. Foerster wrote:
> > On they currently have a daily series of Eben Moglen
> > speeches in streaming Ogg Theora. So you can judge yourself. It
> > works fine on my computer.
> >

> Thanks a lot. This answers my question whether anyone is using
> streaming Ogg Theora already. (Or did VLC download the entire file and
> play it locally? It would make a difference for a 100 MB file where
> you notice after 10 seconds of watching that it's not interesting...)

No, that is really streaming.

If you search someone who offers Ogg Vorbis and Theora for download:
The FSF does of course. :-)

More sites listed on:

> Anyway, does anyone know where I can find information about setting up
> a streaming Theora server, then? I seem to have problems finding a
> place to start (Icecast doesn't seem to be the right place...).

Don't really know.
But maybe <> is for you?

> Someone posted a link to a "StreamingVorbis" page earlier.
> Does the same exist for Theora?

It was me. But that was not a manual but a list of existing streams.
I don't know about such a list for Theora.
For a list of downloadable Videos: see above.