advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] A few links to radio stations and Ogg logos

From: Istvan Szollosi
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] A few links to radio stations and Ogg logos
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:16:36 +0300

Hi,

I just want to tell that WCPE's ogg streaming isn't at all that bad
(as it says on http://rikkus.info/ogg-vorbis-stations.html), and the
link is outdated anyway. I listen to it every day when I have time and
they stream REALLY GREAT CLASSICAL MUSIC.
Actually it would deserve to be mentioned seperately on the list of
Ogg Vorbis friendly sites
(https://www.fsf.org/resources/formats/ogg_data/oggsites).
The complete data is:

WCPE - The Classical Station
http://www.theclassicalstation.org/

They stream in a variety of formats: mp3, ogg, Real Audio, wma, and
QuickTime. The link to the ogg stream is
http://theclassicalstation.org/internet.shtml#Ogg, or directly:
http://audio-ogg.ibiblio.org:8000/wcpe.ogg

There's also another issue i'd like to point out. Some US law and tax
they plan to introduce threatens the very existence of (smaller) web
radios. You can find more about this on WCPE's start page or
http://www.savenetradio.org/ or http://www.savethestreams.org/. Those
of you who are American citizens could get involved in signing
petitions, writing to senators etc. as detailed on these pages.

Good luck & happy listening (till these streams last)

   Istvan