advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Help with embedding ogg files in a web page

From: Ujjwal Grover
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Help with embedding ogg files in a web page
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:45:02 +0530

Praveena and folks,
You could also use VLC Media Player to play ogg files on browser. while installing VLC player, an option of browser plugin for mozilla, is there. Choose it and proceed. Any web page having an ogg file can be played using this player. Works like a charm in firefox.
This will not run in IE.

Ujjwal

On 12/20/07, Praveen A <address@hidden> wrote:
2007/12/19, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <address@hidden>:
> For the record, I told Mr.Praveen about the solution for Ogg embeding
> the Wikimedia Foundation is using in Wikipedia and other places, which
> is a mix of Cortado and HTML 5 <video><audio>.  Their fallback in case
> the user doesn't have either an HTML5 browser nor Java is indeed to
> provide a direct link to the file, but only as a last resort.  So,
> embeding Ogg does indeed work.
>
> You would do best in helping out those who are trying to make the
> world a better place.  Who knows, maybe people would take you
> seriously for once.  If you can't be bothered don't get in the way.
> It's just annoying.

Thanks a lot everyone who replied. It worked (normal embed tag) after
installing mozilla-mplayer

Regards
Praveen
--