advocate

[Advocate Play Ogg] New PlayOgg list and how you can help the campaign

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Advocate Play Ogg] New PlayOgg list and how you can help the campaign
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:41:51 -0500

We created this mailing list originally as a low-traffic
announcement list for supporters to keep tabs on progress and
happenings in the PlayOgg campaign.

But since then, many of the 2700+ subscribers to this list have
written to us with questions about the campaign, ideas for how
better to promote Ogg Vorbis and Theora, and accounts of successful
actions they've done with their local groups.

So we've created a second mailing list, as a space where this
discussion and organization can continue. Please subscribe to it
today at <http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/playogg-discuss>,
and send a message introducing yourself to the list.

Stop by the web site if you haven't seen it in a while -- GNU
Webmaster Leo Jackson has been volunteering some of his time to help
organize and build the list of Ogg-friendly sites at
<http://www.fsf.org/resources/formats/ogg_data/oggsites>. Keep the
suggestions rolling in at <address@hidden>!

You can help the campaign today by joining the Free Software
Foundation as a member: <http://www.fsf.org/jf>. We're entering the
closing weeks of our fundraising drive, and still need a few hundred
more members to meet our goal!

Onward,
Peter, John, Matt
The PlayOgg team