af-test

[Af-test] kind pole

From: Willy Gallegos
Subject: [Af-test] kind pole
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 03:55:48 -0500

They would return the way they came,and they had far to go, and the dusk would presently fall. The man was clingingto something which he could not hold. Then theother, who had manfully striven to obey his rescuers orders,promptly let go and sank. I feel within me the strength of ten, Peter replied. In such weather no man durst tempt the roads. May your lordships grace be decked with no harsher crown! Trust your body to it, and swim but a stroke or two,enough to keep your head up. In two days the hour of destiny would strike, and howcould men muster in a dissolving world? Hehunts daily, but only in the park, for the floods have narrowed hisvenue. We are for Woodstock park, my lord, said Darking. Again he launched himself on theflood, and as his breast caught the current he heard again a cry. Lord Avelard replied with a laugh in which to Peters ear there wasa trace of disquiet. Nay, said Peter, there can be but one commander, and I am he. Him he sent back hot-footto Darking to report what had happened. Then with agroan of weariness he rolled out of the saddle and attempted tolead it. The man was in a swoon, butas Peter rolled him over his senses returned, and he was very sick. I am Bohun, and it is right that I run the chiefhazard. Pity youhave drawn your folk from High Cotswold, where there is nought butthorns a mans height. Nevertheless, theycould be passed by men who knew the ways of them. He hadlooked for gross appetites, cruel jaws, lowering brows, eyes hotwith the lust of power. He heard far off the thin butfurious notes of the horn. At dawn on St Lucys day Peter rode to Marchington. Again a cry, but this time with achoke in it. My mind was not on London, for it iscertain that we must revise our plan. Back to your homes, my darlings, she cried. It soundedagain, a choked cry as from something in panic or pain. He had hunted in Wychwood often, and must knowsomething of the lie of the land. As his senses slipped from him, he thought clearly for one moment,I have seen the Queen of Heaven. Again a cry, but this time with achoke in it. I must be the one to blend the two into a singlearmy. Twas already sore with thedays work, and now it has failed me utterly. He would make his waydownstream, and cross at the Burford bridge, which was intact. Heaven send the weather letHarry go forth. With bitten lipsPeter sat in his chamber, watching the grey mists droop overSevern. He had no plan orpurpose except to keep touch with this lone horseman. Then with agroan of weariness he rolled out of the saddle and attempted tolead it. Lord Avelard replied with a laugh in which to Peters ear there wasa trace of disquiet. There seemed to be a soundthere which was not the stream. Thefates were kind to him, if only Darking moved his men west in time.