ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] congested

From: Susie Wolfe
Subject: [Mine-dev] congested
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:45:10 +1100

Then he interrupts the chantymans tirade by a sharpcommand. She looks wildly at Lavinias frozen accusing face. She even followed me toNew York, when I went to see your sick grandfather, to spy on me. Their voices are heard and amoment later they enter on the poop deck, from left. There is a chair by the dead mans head, at front of bier. Theyre not fur sailormen likeyou an me, less were lookin fur sorrow! Ill tell you thejoke about that heroic deed. Vinnie suspects me of having poisoned your father! And allthe mothers and wives and sisters and girls did the same! And toimagine for a moment, if he were, hed ever come here to visit! The breaking of the waves was your voice. I happened to meet him and heasked me to go with him to call on his daughter. Even if you convinced him I poisoned your father, youcouldnt! You must be damned anxious to getrid of me again! I tell you, Orin, you cant realize how sheschanged while youve been away! He hurries along the deck anddisappears off left to meet her. They dont knowIve gone and even after theyve found out they cant prove where Iwent. Orinis holding in a savage, revengeful rage. Christine beginsto speak in a low voice, coolly defiant, almost triumphant. He wears a long cloak over his uniform and has a slouchhat pulled down over his eyes. She stands by the headof the bier and faces him. You cant get him to go to the police foryou. Ill have you declared insane by DoctorBlake and put away in an asylum! Dont you realize he was your father and he isdead? If you knew all the hell Ive been through! Her lips open as if tospeak but she closes them again. I was always volunteering for extradanger. Steer clear o gals or theyll skin your hide off an use itfur a carpet! So early in the morning The sailor likes his bottle oh! I tell you, Orin, you cant realize how sheschanged while youve been away! He burstsagain into his mournful dirge, his voice receding. And do you remember how you usedto let me brush your hair and how I loved to? If thatstrue, she ought to be put in an asylum! All issunk but honor, as the feller says, an theres damn little o thatafloat! Sometimein some war they ought to make the women take the mens place for amonth or so. There is a chair by the dead mans head, at front of bier.