ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] Polish clan

From: Dorothy Thurman
Subject: [Mine-dev] Polish clan
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:30:20 +0200

If I ask for two hundred, hellgive me a hundred and fifty. Then he veered on his heel, saying, Getin, then, and went to the house.
Ill call when suppers ready, Henrietta said after him.
And he said that in his opinionnobody can ever pay for a farm on half-crop payments. Perhaps youwere pretty angry at me when I left the homestead.
He found John in thekitchen, lighting the fire. The Ormonds left early on Monday morning, driven by a neighbour ofJohns.
When I get out into thefield, I make the dust fly.
The boy at the horses head extended his hand.
And with a senile nod he prepared torecline.
By jingo, Isaid to him, Ill show you it can be done. The barn was well built of three-inch lumber, with an enormous loftabove.
Roy, Cathleen called to the little boy, come here. Well, he said to his sisters, the old man surprised us at last,did he? It seems so, from the way youre walking up and down.
He was on the point of resenting the way inwhich his daughter spoke to him. His whimsical features were still smiling; but the smilewas bitter and resigned. Theyll answer, they wish they were notthere. She had a pretty bad time of it before the other girlsleft.
Out of the cropthe threshing bill is paid and the twine. Whats the use cramming them with algebra and French andsuch nonsense? And with a senile nod he prepared torecline. In the afternoon, he repeated the question.
Once or twice striking lapses of memory occurred.
Oh, he said, somewhat abashed, if thatsthe way you feel about it!
Withoutentering he said, I want Grant or Allan.
Well, I dont understand how John can get along with thosepeople. Yes, he said, beginning to walk up and down while she sankheavily into an arm-chair.
The price of this land is put at a figure which, at sixpercent, pays him twenty on his investment.
She ran away; and then she was driving along the road with hersister.