apps-gnustep

Re: ANN: GSburn.app 0.2.0pre

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: ANN: GSburn.app 0.2.0pre
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:38:17 -0400

Hi,

 After quickly look at the source,
 I have only two comments about the ripping bundle:

 1. In the AudioRipperModule,
    it would be nice that AudioRipper can actively notify its owner,
    delegate or parent that ripping is finished
    so the application can rip the next track.
    Either through delegate method or NSNotification is fine.

 2. In ParametersModule,
    how about a initializeFromDefaults: as in PreferenceModule ?
    And it seems that initWithParent: can be put into
    both ParametersModule and PreferenceModule, too.

 And AudioRipper seems only to be responsible for CD->wav,
 not wav->ogg (or other format).
 In MusicBox, I use NSPipe to connect cdda2wav and oggenc
 so that it can rip CD->ogg directly without any temperatory file.
 Maybe you can consider to put the wav->ogg part into AudioRipper
 so that AudioRipper can handle CD->ogg directly.
 Then grabTrack:fromDevice:toFile is not restrictly limited to
 be wav format.
 This maybe not be useful for GSburn,
 but probably useful for Encod and MusicBox.

 This is just my little comment.

 Yen-Ju