apps-gnustep

RE : MusicBox-0.2.9

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: RE : MusicBox-0.2.9
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 17:55:00 +0200

On 2002-10-09 17:26:12 +0200 "Peron, Stéphane" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think a service can be installed alone ... Am i wrong ?
> Is is just a simple program that received and then send informations.....

That's right. You can have a small app as a service, this app beind installed
in System/Library/services, like the example.service that comes with GNUstep.
I'd prefer to have a bundle for cddb/freedb, however. To me it does not make
sense to have this service more or less visible throughout the whole system,
while most apps don't know what to do with it. Even if it is grayed it clutters
the services menu. I vote for the three apps each having a button 'CDDB' and
calling into a bundle. The bundle being configured globally using
Preferences.app.

Cheers,
Andreas

--