apps-gnustep

Re: MusicBox-0.2.9

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: MusicBox-0.2.9
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:39:52 +0200

Hello Yen-Ju,
On 2002-10-10 13:20:49 -0400 Yen-Ju Chen <address@hidden> wrote:

The Mixer.app and Cddb.bundle is on CVS.
You can get them by using the module name:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/musicbox co Cddb
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/musicbox co Mixer

And the cddb preference bundle I use:
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/musicbox co FreeDBPref

I haven't has chance to test the high-level method in the Cddb.bundle.
Just show how it looks like,
and try to make MusicBox compile again. :)
There is a TUTORIAL in Cddb.bundle.

By the way, Cddb.bundle doesn't read/write the user default.
Applications are responsible for that.
I think that give people more flexibility on how to save the information
if they don't want to use the GSSoundApplication domain.

Comments are welcome.
Here they are, the negative ones first. Thus you will be happy when you are
finished reading this mesage :-)
I haven't tried the mixer's functionality, yet, but only opened the window. I
must say this huge panel entirely fails to please my eyes. In short it is ugly.
So much for the cons, now the pros. I like the cddb bundle. I already
integrated it in GSburn and it works fine. I haven't tried the prefs bundle,
yet, but will do so this afternoon. The only problem I had, was that it did not
work with the preset default server. I explicitly had to give it a server name,
buts that's not a real problem.
I will release the final 0.2.0 of GSburn with cddb this weekend, and if you
allow I will put cddb as an additional package on my sourceforge site. Thus,
ppl will find everything they need for GSburn in one place. (I won't forget to
mention your name ;-).
Thanks for your work.

Cheers,
Andreas