[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ANN: HelpViewer 0.3
ANN: HelpViewer 0.3
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 08:29:43 +0100
I just have released HelpViewer 0.3 :-)
This is a major rewrite, it should now deal way better with big files ("lazy"
This is the ChangeLog :
- major redesign of the code (it's now possible to add quite simply
- use of a NSBrowser instead of a NSTableView to display the Table of
- it could now handle big XLP files
- help files are now considered as a bundle, containing .xlp
files and images, etc.
- it's possible to includes others XLP files in a XLP file
- some tags had been added to the XLP format
- new "look" for the legends
- some bugs corrections
- not yet recompiled to Mac OS X, due to
- the redesign with the parser
The XLP "format" itself hasn't changed much, the only big thing is that the
should be renamed in "chapter" (the part tag still exist but it's now one level
So you could have a structure like part->chapter->section->section etc. The
difference on part and chapter is that when you click on a part item, it only
show you the inside (that is, it updates the next column of the NSBrowser),
a chapter does that, plus updates the NSTextView. Sections could be nested ad
to form sub-sections, sub-sub-sections, etc.
See the HelpViewer.help example in the directory "Examples" for an usage of the
current tags (and some new tags).
Help Files are now handled as bundles, so just throw inside all the images you
to include in your document.
I choose the ".help" extension for theses bundles, but I'm not sure that's a good idea --
it's good from a user point of view, but it's perhaps a bit too "general" -- so tell me
your views on that point.
The program is available here :
The home page had changed to http://www.roard.com/helpviewer
And this is a direct link to screenshots :
Please contact me if you experience some bugs or if you have ideas for improving
Many thanks to the #GNUstep's people, and particularly for the help of alex and
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- ANN: HelpViewer 0.3,
Nicolas Roard <=