apps-gnustep

RE: Gworkspace

From: Patrick CARDONA
Subject: RE: Gworkspace
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:57:23 +0000

On 2005-10-25 12:45:38 +0000 Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
 From: Patrick CARDONA [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:03 AM
To: Applications GNUStep
Subject: Gworkspace

Hi,

Please, forgive my english : I'm a french user and don't find any french GNUStep users group. I'm using GNUStep environment for dayly use (WindowMaker, GWorkspace, GNUMail, etc.). I love it.
Nevertheless I've noticed some problems :
When I launch an Inspector, the window don't show any title bar, so I can't move this window elsewhere. Only close it. Idem for Finder and Search result : no more title bar. So, according to some screenshots I saw on the web, I think something is wrong.

Well, my OS is : Debian sarge on GNU/Linux, i686 :
Linux version 2.6.8-2-686 (address@hidden) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-12)) #1 Thu May 19 17:53:30 JST 2005

The package version of Gworkspace .deb :
address@hidden:~$ dpkg -l|grep -i gworkspace
ii  gworkspace-app 0.7.0-1        Application wrappers for GWorkspace
ii  gworkspace.app 0.7.0-1        GNUstep Workspace Manager

But if I select from GWorkspace menu : "Informations -> A propos..." this About item says : 0.7.0 (03 / 2005)

Typically the title bar is a Window Manager thing, but GNUstep does have some defaults to manage its own title bar. Have you set anything special with the 'defaults' tool? Do
defaults read

and see what it might say about title bars. Otherwise, check the WindowMaker preferences application (WPrefs.app)

Well, nothing found about "title bars" nor in "defaults read" nor in Wprefs. So I decided to test with another WM, but AfterStep2 seems to be wery unstable. Can you tell me a compliant WM to make test ?
Patrick
PS : Here, my "defaults read" output.
<defaults.txt>