apps-gnustep

Re: Wrapper Factory

From: Patrick CARDONA
Subject: Re: Wrapper Factory
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:26:51 +0000

On 2005-10-27 11:30:22 +0000 Nicolas Roard <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10/26/05, Patrick CARDONA <address@hidden> wrote:
I also encountered another problem : while executing % sudo
make_services, I got a "file-max limit 24644 reached" err message in
the console and I needed to kill the process because X and my mice
cursor became unstable.

hm anyway, make_services should be run as your current user, not as root.
Still it's definitely not normal it does what you describe :)

I seems "LaTeXService" wich I compile and installed by hand didn't fit
well with other GNUstep apps installed within deb package.

ah?

After dpkg-reconfigure --all -a and a reboot, my system became stable
again and "% sudo make_services" did'nt make it worse. But the

again, make_services is supposed to run as your current user.

LaTeXService don't show in the Services menu from GWorkspace (version
: 0.7.0).

What do you think about ?

Well, it's normal I think -- LaTeXService is only available when
selecting text, and
with GW you can only select files. Open TextEdit or Ink, write some
text and select it,
and check the service menu -- LaTeXService should be available. Now,
you  just need to write the TeX code you want to be rendered :)

When I asked for it in IRC freenode #gnustep, other users didn't seem
to encounter such a problem.

Try running make_services as your user. You perhaps need to restart
the apps too.

--
Nicolas Roard
  -Arthur C. Clarke

Yes, now every services are shown and make_services as user did the trick. LaTeX service is good. But Wrapperfactory still doesn't produce usable wrapper.
Bye,
Patrick C.