apps-gnustep

Re: DiplayCalibrator.app in german l10n doesn't work

From: Gürkan Sengün
Subject: Re: DiplayCalibrator.app in german l10n doesn't work
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:23:47 +0100

Ingolf wrote:
I don't know who to tell this. Gürkan?

yes that's me.

DiplayCalibrator.app does not work correctly in german environment (in my case
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 but I think this concerns most european l10ns), as it
(respectively snprintf) is so "clever" to deliver the gamma values in the form
"x,y" whilst xgamma is so "dumb" that it expects them to be "x.y" regardless of
the language settings.

hehe interesting, i think it'd be better to use the x library calls directly
instead of calling the xgamma binary: i'm not sure if thise does so:
http://www.linuks.mine.nu/displaycalibrator/gamma.c

BTW what is the licensing of DiplayCalibrator.app? I am playing with the idea to
make a panel for SystemPreferences.app out of it.

it's GNU GPL (as written in the *.plist file)
sounds good, you mean the preferences in backbone?

Ingolf

guerkan