apps-gnustep

Pleas help me about porting applications from Openstep to GNUstep.

From: Ryan Hwang
Subject: Pleas help me about porting applications from Openstep to GNUstep.
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:16:18 +0800

To anyone who can help me:

Hello~

Recently I'v got an application for my research(about EEG signal processing),but it was developped in Openstep Enterprise (OSE) for Windows.
I installed GNUstep,but I don't know how to port the app to GNUstep since I've never learned about UNIX/Linux/GNU stuff like that before.

There are source codes and the author says: This source code can be imported in Linux GNUSTEP with MINOR modifications as GNUSTEP is compliant with Openstep specifications.

I wonder what to modify and how to.

Here is the Makefile in the Source Code:

#
# Generated by the NeXT Project Builder.
#
# NOTE: Do NOT change this file -- Project Builder maintains it.
#
# Put all of your customizations in files called Makefile.preamble
# and Makefile.postamble (both optional), and Makefile will include them.
#
NAME = modeleNpop
PROJECTVERSION = 2.6
PROJECT_TYPE = Application
LANGUAGE = English
NEXTSTEP_APPICON = modeleNcol.tiff
ICONSECTIONS = -sectcreate __ICON app modeleNcol.tiff
LOCAL_RESOURCES = modeleNpop.nib population.nib
CLASSES = popManager.m population.m
HFILES = fonctionsC.h popManager.h population.h
MFILES = modeleNpop_main.m
CFILES = fonctionsC.c
OTHERSRCS = Makefile.preamble Makefile Makefile.postamble

MAKEFILEDIR = $(NEXT_ROOT)/NextDeveloper/Makefiles/pb_makefiles
CODE_GEN_STYLE = DYNAMIC
MAKEFILE = app.make
NEXTSTEP_INSTALLDIR = $(HOME)/Apps
WINDOWS_INSTALLDIR = $(HOME)/Apps
PDO_UNIX_INSTALLDIR = $(HOME)/Apps
LIBS =
DEBUG_LIBS = $(LIBS)
PROF_LIBS = $(LIBS)

FRAMEWORKS = -framework AppKit -framework Foundation

include $(MAKEFILEDIR)/platform.make
-include Makefile.preamble
include $(MAKEFILEDIR)/$(MAKEFILE)
-include Makefile.postamble
-include Makefile.dependencies

When I "make" this file in the GNUstep,it displays:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makefile:46:/NextDeveloper/Makefiles/pb_makefiles/platform.make:No such file or directory
Makefile:50:/NextDeveloper/Makefiles/pb_makefiles/app.make:No such file or directory
make:  ***  No rule to make target '/NextDeveloper/Makefiles/pb_makefiles/app.make'. Stop.

It's really an important application for me, and I really need your help~
If other source codes are needed,please let me know.
Looking forward to your reply ASAP.

I'd be most grateful for your help.

Sincerely Yours,
Ryan Hwang