[Arx-users] ArX-1.0.17

From: Walter Landry
Subject: [Arx-users] ArX-1.0.17
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:01:39 -0500 (EST)

I have made a new release of ArX.  Note that I changed the naming
scheme to get rid of the annoying "pre".  You can find it at

This is the first completely free release.  The old, non-free
documentation has been completely rewritten.  There have also been a
number of other enhancements.

I have attached the release notes below.

ArX-1.0.17 2003-Dec-19

This is an unstable release.

The new documentation is more or less complete, so the non-free
documentation has been removed.

There is now a _rough_ Python interface to ArX.  The
script in tools/ has been modified to use it, and it now works.

A patch queue manager, tla-pqm, has been ported to ArX and is included
in the tools/ directory.

what-changed now takes the --paths option, which required a slight
change to the syntax and an update to the emacs mode.  commit and undo
also have this new syntax.  commit also takes the -s option, as a
shortcut instead of writing a log file.

delete and move now allow you to only delete or move the tag, and not
the file and the tag.

The error messages are a little cleaned up, along with other minor
cleanups and bug fixes.

The tarballs created by update-distributions now makes 1.0.17 tarballs
for most cases, instead of 1.0pre17.