[pspell] Assertion `h != 0' failed, using c-API

From: Troels Arvin
Subject: [pspell] Assertion `h != 0' failed, using c-API
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 18:42:27 +0200

Hello pspell folks,

I want to write af PHP extension for pspell. Before starting out, I
thought that I'd get familiar with the c-api in a very simple, little
program.

So I wrote this:

/*
        spellcheck.c

        Is compiled by entering
        gcc -o spellcheck -lpspell spellcheck.c

*/

#include <stdio.h>
#include <pspell/pspell.h>

int main()
{
        PspellConfig * pcon;
        PspellCanHaveError * perr;
        PspellManager * pman;

        const char myWord[20]="apple";
        const char myLang[10]="en-US";

        printf("myWord is '%s'; myLang is '%s'\n",myWord,myLang);

        pcon=new_pspell_config();
        pspell_config_replace(pcon, "language-tag",myLang);

        perr=new_pspell_manager(pcon);
        printf("Stage 1");
        pman=to_pspell_manager(perr);

/*
        Here, I want to do spell checking
*/

        delete_pspell_manager(pman);
        delete_pspell_config(pcon);

        return(0);
}

The program compiles without errors or warnings, but when I run the
resulting "spellcheck" program, this happens:

myWord is 'apple'; myLang is 'en-US'
spellcheck: manager_impl.cc:30: class PspellCanHaveError *
new_pspell_manager(class PspellConfig *): Assertion `h != 0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I also tried compiling the example c-program from the pspell tar file.
The same thing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

PS:
The system is Red Hat Linux 6.2 on the IA32 (Pentium II) platform.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark
dipCard.com