[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:14:27 -0400 (EDT)
For those of you are interested here is a _tentative_ Roadmap of where I
plan on taking Aspell/Pspell this summer.
Aspell .32 (End of June):
- Support for ignoring accents when coming up with suggestions
- Support for optional doing without soundslike data which cuts
the word list size by over 50%
- Rework the compiled word list creation process so that it
uses far less memory.
- Add support for more intelligent composite words formation
? Add support for using the new Double Metaphone Algorithm by both
updated the english_phonet.dat file AND adding support for
scoring on two different Metaphone.
Aspell .33 (End of July)
- Merge HEAD branch into MAIN branch and resolving pending issues.
This will add full filter support including being able to spell
- Possible due away with the Aspell utility for all but maintenance
tasks. Spell checking would be done with the new Pspell
Pspell .12 (End of July)
- Add support for spell checking full documents optionally passing
the text through a serious of filters which will so things
such as ignore url's, HTML, TeX, etc...
- Add a new Pspell utility which will work function as an "a|ispell -a"
replacement as well as a stand alone utility to check documents.
Pspell 1.0 beta (End of August)
- Resolve remaining design issues.
Aspell .34 (??)
- Affix compression
If you are interested in seeing one of this features at an earlier state
the best thing you can due is contribute code.
If you want to work with the CVS version of Aspell please let me know
first as there are several things to watch out for.
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [pspell] Roadmap,
Kevin Atkinson <=