Re: [aspell-devel] PHP and new Aspell

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] PHP and new Aspell
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:58:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using the new aspell with the PHP pspell module,
> compiles when you tweak ext/pspell/config.m4,
> but it's not a pretty one.
> It requires libstdc++ which the php people are
> trying to avoid.

Um, The Old Aspell/Pspell had the exact same problem.  The only requirement
is that the libstdc++ somehow gets linked in the the php binary.

> I don't know for sure if it works ok, but I'll
> make some test-cases to see if it does.

OK.  Let me know.  This will be the first real test of the New Aspell in
an application.

> I also don't know, if PSpellConfig is the right
> function to test for in the old library (the old
> config.m4 didn't test for any library, just for
> the header).

Hum, are you trying to automatically determine is the library is the "New
Aspell" or if it is Pspell?

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org