Re: [aspell-devel] PHP and new Aspell

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] PHP and new Aspell
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 06:44:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:

> At 08:21 24-3-2002, Kevin Atkinson shared with all of us:
>
> >OK.  I have just committed several changes included your BSD patch and the
> >fix for pspell.h and support for creating a dummy libpspell.
>
> Ok - I'll try it out.
>
> >If you used the CVS version of libtool
>
> I didn't. It's heavily broken for BSDi - I get all kinds of errors.
> At least - the HEAD. What tag did you checkout?

HEAD as it says in the README-CVS

> Libtool 1.4 works correctly for me. 1.4.1/2 are broken from PHP's point of
> view.

OK.  But you will might have some C++ problems.  (Like having to link in
libstdc++ which you did)

> >If however, this is not the case the best way to test for the New Aspell
> >is to look for the aspell.h header file.
>
> This wouldn't conflict with the old aspell?

Well for one thing the New Aspell and Aspell/Pspell should NOT be
installed in the same place as it says in the README-CVS.  Also, aspell
does not have any aspell.h.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org